Why? Part 1

Since last week, I have been reading Adam Hamilton's book Why?.  I find that the understanding he came to about God's will resonates with my own conclusions.

"Among the assumptions I once held was that the Bible teaches that if I believe in God and try to be a good person, God will take care of me and bless me and nothing bad will happen to me."

As he continues to write, Hamilton shares that when he really read the Bible, he found that it was a book full of stories of people who held on to their faith not in the absence of suffering, but stories of people who never let go of their faith in the face of suffering.

Sometimes the awful things that happen alter us forever.  We can't go back to where or what we once were.  We walk with a "limp" the rest of our lives.

I am just as sure that God is faithful and walks with us through the pain.

I will be writing more in the next few days as I read through this book.  It's short, but full of comforting truth.


Comments

  1. Your blog gives me so much encouragement. Thank you. It makes me feel like I can get through this HD nightmare.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Our Sweet Beloved Son

Grief and Hope