Where we are meant to be

I received one of those "make and wish and pass it on" e-mails today. They are usually meant to be encouraging. Most of the people who send me these e-mails are my friends, and we trade them around to say "you're important to me" or "you make a difference in my life."

This one today includes a quote - like a prayer for your friends - that I like. I thought I would include it in my post today.

"May today there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us."

Alan, my husband, and I are where we are supposed to be. It is not accident that we are a family. We are who we were meant to be. I don't always understand why circumstances are what they are, but I believe that God knows what we will encounter, and prepares us for the circumstances in our lives.

Alan called me this morning, excited about the day, and ready to come home tomorrow and eat lunch with us. He has had a great week, and is looking forward to going out today with one of his staff. They will go to the library to look at books, eat at McDonalds, and buy soft drinks at the gas station. This is his idea of a happy Saturday morning!


We are where we are supposed to be, and exactly who we are supposed to be. Today, all three of us will sing, dance, praise, and love. Not too shabby.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Our Sweet Beloved Son

Grief and Hope