The Dark Tunnel

When a train goes through a tunnel, and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off.  You sit still and trust the engineer. ~ Corrie ten Boom

A sweet friend posted this quote on her Facebook page this week.  It was a message I needed to hear, and I thanked her for posting this reminder of God's sovereignty.  He is the Engineer and we must trust Him in the darkness of the tunnel.

I struggle with feeling helpless in the dark tunnel of HD.  How I would love to jump off this train, but that is not a choice.  We must sit still, and trust our divine Engineer.  He alone knows the way through the tunnel.

Yesterday, I read Psalm 22.  Generations before Jesus hung on the cross, David wrote of the struggle of being in that dark place and feeling abandoned.   I always marvel at the way God shows us that He is prepared for the unthinkable.  He knew, well before the struggle of the cross, what would face His Son and He was prepared to guide Jesus through that dark night of the soul.

This Easter, I feel as though our little family is on that train going through the tunnel; sitting together, holding hands, and trusting the Engineer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Our Sweet Beloved Son

Grief and Hope