Gratitude for God's Provision

Lacy is having some issues this week.  Some kind of neurological changes we are not sure about.  He has an appointment with his neurologist tomorrow just to make sure this is not something other than HD.

Our son turned 36 last Wednesday.  He had a great birthday party, and was genuinely happy that day.  We grilled burgers and hot dogs for him and for his friends at LifeStyles.  People who care for Lacy came, too.  We sat together and enjoyed a meal and great conversation.

I find myself saddened that he is having these health issues, but I also feel a great sense of gratitude for the help and support we receive every day from our friends, our family, and the caregivers at LifeStyles.  How fortunate we are that we have landed in this place.  I am reminded again that God's provision goes before us and sustains us when we come upon hard times.  

I am reminded of the dream I had about a year ago in which Lacy left us, but was met immediately by someone waiting for him, ready to receive him into a safe place.  I know that this dream was God telling me He was going ahead of us yet again.  

"In My Father's house are many mansions.  If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go to prepare a place for you, I will come again to take you to Myself that where I am, there you may be also." John 14: 2-3

"Therefore, comfort one another with these words." I Thessalonians 4:18

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Beyond Amsterdam

Bearing the Unbearable.