Blessings

Life goes on all around us.  The morning sunrise is beautiful, warm spring  breezes fan my hair when I walk Lucky.  Kenny and I went on a bike ride this morning, and it made me feel like a child again - free, wind whipping my hair, flying - but because I am not a child, I was pretty tired when we got home.

Not feeling that cloud of dread over me today, as I have so many days in the last few weeks.  I woke up this morning, and began thanking God for all the blessings we have.  So many to list, but the biggest one: Thank you for my life.

I have a job I love.  I feel so alive and my mind seems so sharp when I am with my colleagues.  I am thankful for the people I work with and for.  They are the best anywhere, and so kind and caring toward me and my family.

Kenny is blessed with a job few can do, but he does it so well.  He was born to work in hospice.  He is naturally kind, a great listener, and his touch is gentle and healing.  He sees his work as an opportunity to give people good days at the end of their lives, and to minister to the families of those who are dying.  Right now, he is taking two weeks off, and we are spending precious time with each other and with friends and family.

We are privileged to walk this earth caring for a young man that many people might have given up on  long ago.  We have watched him blossom, attended him in good times and bad, and we have had the honor of seeing him accept Jesus as his Savior.  He loves the Lord, and his fall back for any difficult situation is always "singing my praises to God."

It is sad to think that we will not watch him grow to an old man, see him mellow and mature.  So many families go through this in one way or another.    I believe Lacy is uniquely equipped to walk this rocky road - he never fails to seek God's help when he is in trouble.  I know that when I can't comfort him, he will find comfort with the Lord.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Beyond Amsterdam

Bearing the Unbearable.