"...Let me know how transient I am."

My heart aches for a friend who lost her husband yesterday.  They have four very young children.  My friend's husband was at a clinic for a routine procedure when something went terribly wrong.  

Earlier this week I was reading Psalm 39 and verse four stood out to me:  Lord, make me to know my end, and what is the extend of my days: Let me know how transient I am.

Those of us who live with HD or other such diseases are reminded daily of the transitory nature of life.   Each and every day is important.  What a gift it is to know the extent of our days, and to understand that our lives are so short.  Acting on this knowledge - enjoying the moment, walking day by day - is one way the friends we have made through our HD support group live their lives.  It is the way Kenny and I try to live ours.

My friend and her husband cherished their family time.  They are people of deep faith.  I know that they loved and appreciated each other, and this will be a comfort to my friend in the uncharted future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Bearing the Unbearable.

Beyond Amsterdam