The "And Be Doing Thats" of Scripture

One of Lacy's most memorable sayings was "...and be doing that."  It meant that we would be doing something now or in the future.  I found after researching the grammar of the phrase, that it amounts to a sort of perpetual present action. 

As I was reading in Matthew yesterday, this verse caught my attention as one of the "..and be doing that" verses in scripture:

"...seek first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness..."  The verb there means an continuous action.  Seek and keep on seeking.  Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness...and be doing that.

Here are so many more scriptures that, when I read them, I always add in my heart "...and be doing that."  Here are a few:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, make your requests known to God. ...and be doing that.

In everything give thanks...and be doing that.

Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me...and be doing that.

Beloved, let us love one another...and be doing that.

Lacy continues to teach me about loving God and living in His love...and be doing that.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Our Sweet Beloved Son

Grief and Hope