Open Our Eyes...

Today was a doctor visit day.  Lacy was happy and ready to go to see his neurologist.

Our young man has been having what seem to be seizures.  This is sometimes happens in young HD patients.  They are small, but are having an effect on his ability to speak.

As we sat in the waiting room, Lacy gave me a list of points he wanted to discuss with the doctor.

1. Lacy can't read a dial clock anymore.   He used to love reading a dial clock, and was very accurate.  Now, he says, the clock doesn't make sense anymore.

2. Lacy's balance and walking are getting worse.

We were ushered into the exam room, and Lacy promptly fell asleep.  I was watching him to make sure that he didn't fall, but suddenly, there he was on the floor.  He couldn't get up.  I tried to help, but to no avail.  Rushing out to the hallway, I got someone to come and help but by that time Lacy had crawled over to a chair and managed to get himself upright again.  No damage done, but Lacy and I were both a little out of breath!

We'll be doing a set of tests in the next few weeks to see what is going on with the seizure activity.  Another visit tomorrow with the primary care doctor.

We were on our way home (and I was a little shaken up!) when Lacy started singing:

Open our eyes, Lord,
We want to see Jesus
To reach out and touch Him,
And say that we love Him.

I found myself singing with him:

Open our ears, Lord,
And help us to listen.
Open our eyes, Lord,
We want to see Jesus.

What a wonderful reminder that we need to put our eyes on Jesus, especially in these times when we feel so sad and overwhelmed.

That's been my recurring prayer today.  Open my eyes, Lord, I want to see Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day by Day

Our Sweet Beloved Son

Grief and Hope